MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Super Bowl Contest
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Jeemie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHBKRVD View Post
Hell hath no fury....

If you want, I have a very detailed Word document on my comp where I keep all my info. I can send you a copy if you want
If you are offering it, that would be great.

My e-mail is jeemie1@yahoo.com.

I'm a noob, so understand if your offer wasn't a general offer.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQ Bills View Post
2 superbowl mvp's and nhl stanley cup mvp's??? I was waiting for that question but mike hates hockey
cam ward - heines ward
Billy smith - emmith smith
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot View Post
So I came back in here to see what went in on this room during this past week's contest, postmortem. And I see that you're still giving the answers to complete strangers ...
I don't think helping "complete strangers" is such a terrible thing ...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM
AceHBKRVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICouldCareLess View Post
I don't think helping "complete strangers" is such a terrible thing ...
Agreed. Besides, as we all have found out, the difficulty of getting through on the phones to play, let alone win, makes it very unlikely the majority of visitors to the boards will play the contest. It is more likely that we find out the answers so that we may play on our own and even with friends or at some other Super Bowl trivia game/event.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You don't get it. It's called cause and effect.

It's because you post the answers here, that traffic increases to the site during the contest, and all those people then call in, and that's why you can not get through to the contest.

That was not the case before the answers were given here. You could get through then. But each year since, as more people learn that the answers are here each year, it gets increasingly difficult.

You all heard it yourself how the winners got their juice here.

If ya' didn't post the answers public-ly, then people wouldn't be here, they'd be less likely to call in, and only you would have the answers, and then you'd have a much better chance to win!

I'll send you a picture from the new stadium...

(from someone who's played the contest for the 18 years.)
Your complaints are kind of self-serving. You don't participate here during the year except during the contest, so using your logic, why should anyone here help you with answers? Personally, I have no interest in playing or winning the contest, so if I can help in any way I am more than happy to do so. If the contest was "locked" to guests, chances are very few if any people would play along here. Enjoy your trip to the Super Bowl, and I guess we will see you here same time next year for your annual "contribution" to the board.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
You don't get it... I'll send you a picture from the new stadium...
At whom is this curious missive directed? Who here has expressed a desire to restrict the answers? Which contributors have gone on about actually attending a Super Bowl?! I guess I could say that "some other folks don't get it", since they are not going to Phoenix next weekend for the Waste Management Open. Personally, If I had wanted to go to Dallas to see a game in the new stadium I would have gone back in September for Oregon State - TCU, or something watchable ...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I don't need this board's help with the answers.
The answers here aren't even all accurate, but I'll let you figure out which ones they are.
I've won before this board existed, an will continue to do so, in spite of you giving mostly correct answers out to the public.

I don't need this board to win - I am laughing at it!

I am posting these messages, because if you look at the two times when Glendale gave out the winning audio answer in real time to the contestant, it is followed by a bunch of posters who are angry at him for giving them the winning edge. All the other posters here would have a chance to win if you just had a private chat room during the contest. Go back and read what they wrote.

Hey, tomorrow is February 1st. It'll be time to start a 'new monthly thread', won't it?
Ha, making fun of this board indicts you more than anything else that could be said. Take care buddy.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
... All the other posters here would have a chance to win if you just had a private chat room during the contest ...
Well, you're making it abundantly clear that it is you who does not "get it". You were bothered by this last year, but you returned this year to decry it again?

Here's what you asked (in one of your nine posts of 2010):

Quote:
So you would rather get a few more new board members than win an all-inclusive trip to the Super Bowl?
Here's the "it" that you don't "get": we would rather have a few new board members. You mocked us for our "monthly threads", but the reality is that there are months in the year outside of this contest. This forum is for people who have an interest in discussing Mike Francesa's shows and other content on WFAN; folks who are interested post, folks who are not do not.

You have a full year to build your dedicated Super Bowl Contest website with "private chat rooms" ...
Old 01-31-2011, 12:16 PM

Wow Someone Who Claims He Doesnt Read Whats Written On This Site Or Follows It.had Enough Time To Go Back And Read Over 1800 Posts Find Wrong Answers In The The Questions And Know Glendale Gave Out The Right Audio In Really Time. Cant Wait The See Your Superbowl Pictures.im Sure With The Way You Found All The Wrong Answers On This Site Youll Be Able To Find Pictures On Facebook Of Someone Who Went To The Superbowl And Call Them Your Own
Old 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Really Hope I Win

Well I'm going to attempt to be an annual poster since if you do know down the answers to people with a certain amount of posts, i can see them and contirubute to you all.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
spindoc1

Default you nail it! Foot!

Quote:
You don't get it. It's called cause and effect.

It's because you post the answers here, that traffic increases to the site during the contest, and all those people then call in, and that's why you can not get through to the contest.

That was not the case before the answers were given here. You could get through then. But each year since, as more people learn that the answers are here each year, it gets increasingly difficult.

You all heard it yourself how the winners got their juice here.

If ya' didn't post the answers public-ly, then people wouldn't be here, they'd be less likely to call in, and only you would have the answers, and then you'd have a much better chance to win!

I'll send you a picture from the new stadium...

(from someone who's played the contest for the 18 years.)
The people call because now they know the answer and are not wasting their time guessing. Who won't play the lottery if they knew they had the winning ticket?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
spindoc1

Default that answer is wrong--CORRECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHBKRVD View Post
Mad Dog had a good one today...

What two Heisman Trophy winners from the same university have scored Super Bowl touchdowns?

A: USC - Marcus Allen and Reggie Bush

BTW, anyone keeping track of his Super Bowl Trivia?
which super bowl did reggie bush score a touchdown in?
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...-bowl/xliv.htm

The correct answer is Marcus Allen and .....Mike Garrett
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/iv.htm

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/h...hy_winners.htm
Old 09-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Get ready for the 2012 WFAN Mike Francesa Super Bowl Tickets Contest as MikeFrancesa.com is already gathering questions and answers from our sources inside WFAN.
WFAN AM 660 fans visit www.mikefrancesa.com and fans of The Mike and the Mad Dog Radio Show visit the message board forum at www.mikefrancesa.com/forums Please visit the Mike'd Up & Mike Francesa & WFAN Blog at http://www.mikefrancesa.com/wordpress
Old 01-28-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its hall ball View Post
Yeah they ask your age before you even get to mike. I'll be 23 in april so sorry guys but you're on hold for literally one caller, and then afterwards they congratulate you and take your address and phone numbers and then call you back a half hour later with details of the trip and who will be going. approximate cost is $10,400 dollars according to them and leave thursday come back monday, etc
hey mark i posted the willie gault answer last year .i went back and listen to your call on youtube and looked at the posts to find your name on the board what did you do with your superbowl tickets.