MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Mike Francesa & Michael Savage & Political Blog Contact

Welcome all fans of WFAN AM 660 and the Michael Savage Nation. This is MikeFrancesa.com & War69.com & TheMichaelSavage.com, this is the only message board forum where you will be respected as a member and not personally attacked. Coming Soon: A WFAN Listener Guide that will inform the listener when actual sports talk is occurring.

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike's On & WFAN Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM

Default April 2012 Monthly Thread

Busy month with the championship game tonight, baseball starting this week, and basketball and hockey. I'll go with Kansas tonight on a hunch.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 AM

^^nice job "mike"
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Mike is not on until 5PM today because of the Mets-Yankees game. Who really cares about a pre-season game? I think there is also another game on tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:54 PM

I do. It's great to see the team back on the field again, but I don't care about the standings, the statistics, whether or not they win or lose; none of what I care about during the regular season. What I do enjoy about the pre-season games is getting a look at the kids coming up in the system that I'd not otherwise have a chance to see.

For anyone who's a baseball fan, there's no "rooting" during spring training. We know the outcome of the games mean nothing. Statistics mean nothing for a multitude of reasons. What we care about is our love and passion for the game, and that enthusiasm in gearing up for Opening Day and then rooting for our teams to do great things. For me, it's *that time of year* again. I've seen a few spring games, watched some of the kids show what they can do, and have seen the veterans go through their collective motions in preparation of a 162-game season. I've been waiting for this week for months!

Do I care that as a Yankee fan, the Mets just won in walk-off fashion? Not an iota. Couldn't care less; and even less so, if that's possible, that the team itself was barely represented. Because none of that matters.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThePike View Post
I do. It's great to see the team back on the field again, but I don't care about the standings, the statistics, whether or not they win or lose; none of what I care about during the regular season. What I do enjoy about the pre-season games is getting a look at the kids coming up in the system that I'd not otherwise have a chance to see.

For anyone who's a baseball fan, there's no "rooting" during spring training. We know the outcome of the games mean nothing. Statistics mean nothing for a multitude of reasons. What we care about is our love and passion for the game, and that enthusiasm in gearing up for Opening Day and then rooting for our teams to do great things. For me, it's *that time of year* again. I've seen a few spring games, watched some of the kids show what they can do, and have seen the veterans go through their collective motions in preparation of a 162-game season. I've been waiting for this week for months!

Do I care that as a Yankee fan, the Mets just won in walk-off fashion? Not an iota. Couldn't care less; and even less so, if that's possible, that the team itself was barely represented. Because none of that matters.
So you listened to the game today on WFAN? I give you credit as a baseball fan if you listened to the whole game today.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Mike went on a rant today about women at Augusta. Spoiler: he supports Augusta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1jQcFAYqoY
Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 AM

I watched the game on YES. YES is also where I watch Mike -- I never listen to the radio. Truth be told, if Mike weren't simulcast on YES and he wasn't a Yankee fan, I'd never know who he is =)

I have no idea who the other radio broadcasters are that you guys speak of.

Regarding him supporting Augusta, I think he said he supports the Masters golf tournament, not the actual club and their practices. He did rant on and on about it for what seemed like an eternity, and as someone who has literally no interest in golf, I couldn't have cared any less. Though I was annoyed when once again a caller mentioned, what seemed as a passing side-note about the issue when Mike completely cut him off, not allowing him to make his point -- or utter another word -- and went on a five minute tirade about the thing even blabbing into the next caller.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 PM
AQ Bills

did mike do his under /overs today?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQ Bills View Post
did mike do his under /overs today?
He did them at the end of February:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiC1YSdCFtg
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM

is francesa the only one who sounds like the mets wanted this game the day b4 opening day?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Apparently Mike was harping on the Mets attendance today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQX-glAlxQ
Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 PM

mike said there were rows of empty seats so no way it was a sell out. does mike realize that those rows of empty seats were probably some ****** ticket broker sellin seats for 3x face value and in the end had to eat the cost of the seats .
Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM

i bet he still bashes mets today.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 PM

just wondering now that he is kissing omars asss with his drafting,anyone have him on record saying the mets farm system is a joke?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Sid Rosenberg fired from his radio job after a DUI.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...rosenberg-wqam
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out with Lori View Post
Sid Rosenberg fired from his radio job after a DUI.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...rosenberg-wqam
I always liked Sid, but the guy is a mess.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
I always liked Sid, but the guy is a mess.
I like him too but he is out of control. Forget his radio career, he needs some kind of intervention to save his life.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Anyone remember Steve Fredericks on WFAN about 20 years ago? He died and his obituary mentions he worked at WFAN in the early 90s. The name is vaguely familiar.

http://www.radio-info.com/news/steve...lly-dies-at-72
Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Mike is doing a lot of hockey but it is pretty clear he is not watching the playoffs. What's the point? It's like listening to Tony Paige in the daytime.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Mike takes on a caller who hates Suzyn Waldman and John Sterling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eOQnqsn1Es