MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Sports/Political/Media Blog Email Contact Address

For the sage wisdom and oracle like abilities of The Mike Francesa.com; EMAIL THE WEBSITE BY VISITING THE HOMEPAGE

Support The App

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike Francesa Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk To The HandWave View Post
I concur. I heard it too. Mod, did Mike respond to the column today. I could not listen all day.
Yes audio is at the blog link above.

UDPATE: IF ANY WFAN LISTENERS HAVE TAPED AUDIO FROM THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 PLEASE CONTACT THIS WEBSITE VIA THE EMAIL LINK AT THE CONTACT BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE

Note: A few years ago a listener did have some of the audio from that week on tape, for some reason he taped about an hour of each show for years but he did not have the incident in question on tape.
WFAN AM 660 fans visit www.mikefrancesa.com and fans of The Mike and the Mad Dog Radio Show visit the message board forum at www.mikefrancesa.com/forums Please visit the Mike'd Up & Mike Francesa & WFAN Blog at http://www.mikefrancesa.com/wordpress
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Talk To The HandWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.MikeFrancesa.com Admin View Post
Yes audio is at the blog link above.

UDPATE: IF ANY WFAN LISTENERS HAVE TAPED AUDIO FROM THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 PLEASE CONTACT THIS WEBSITE VIA THE EMAIL LINK AT THE CONTACT BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE

Note: A few years ago a listener did have some of the audio from that week on tape, for some reason he taped about an hour of each show for years but he did not have the incident in question on tape.
Didn't the ADL demand and apology from them? And is Mush right on the Utley thing? We know those tapes exist.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk To The HandWave View Post
Didn't the ADL demand and apology from them? And is Mush right on the Utley thing? We know those tapes exist.
I don't know but I hope some callers challenge Mike on this, I am starting to think that this might be a classic case of Mike forgetting what he said, how many times has this website documented Francesa denying things he said days before on the air.

Secondly how did WFAN investigate the matter if there were no tapes to review. Francesa says they investigated, case closed, as if Mike and Mad Dog's denials were the ultimate pieces of evidence.

Third if WFAN does not save any audio as Francesa alleges, how are there "best of" shows for Mike and the Mad Dog and Imus, how do they provide audio for the website?

Fourth, are we to believe that on such a sad and historic day, WFAN felt no need to save the audio. I have heard many other talk radio programs play audio from that day and week.
WFAN AM 660 fans visit www.mikefrancesa.com and fans of The Mike and the Mad Dog Radio Show visit the message board forum at www.mikefrancesa.com/forums Please visit the Mike'd Up & Mike Francesa & WFAN Blog at http://www.mikefrancesa.com/wordpress
Old 11-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Talk To The HandWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.MikeFrancesa.com Admin View Post
I don't know but I hope some callers challenge Mike on this, I am starting to think that this might be a classic case of Mike forgetting what he said, how many times has this website documented Francesa denying things he said days before on the air.

Secondly how did WFAN investigate the matter if there were no tapes to review. Francesa says they investigated, case closed, as if Mike and Mad Dog's denials were the ultimate pieces of evidence.

Third if WFAN does not save any audio as Francesa alleges, how are there "best of" shows for Mike and the Mad Dog and Imus, how do they provide audio for the website?

Fourth, are we to believe that on such a sad and historic day, WFAN felt no need to save the audio. I have heard many other talk radio programs play audio from that day and week.
I agree with all of your points. The Stern broadcast from that day is now viewed as classic radio and everyone would have saved it. Doing otherwise would be like CBS throwing out the Cronkite broadcast during the JFK assassination.

Besides referencing the "investigation", Mike's primary defense seemed to be along the line of "Hey, I have a lot of Jewish guys that work for me". What exactly does that prove? Was one of those milk toast guys going to kick in the door and burst into the studio protesting the loyalty oaths? No way.

I saw where someone last year said to give this a rest, but I find it very interesting and that it offers great insight into Mike's overall character. The funny thing is I am not that offended by the original commments. When it first happened, I too wondered if it had something to do with our support for Israel. I did not come up with the nutty idea of loyalty oaths, but with such a tragedy I can kind of understand where they are coming from.

They talked about it for a couple of days and it was not big deal at all until Mushnick wrote his column. That's when the ADL wrote them a letter and the big cover up began.

BTW, good to see you posting again, Mod.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Hanging out with Lori

The end of this board? I liked posting here but not if my posts were too boring for the readers...au revoir...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Mike's betting slip

I hope Mike doesn't find out about this, it could lead to another loyalty-oath scenario for the Mets.

New York Mets make a stand for Jews of Hebron

Right-wing Israeli media outlets were full of praise for the New York Mets this week after the popular baseball team refused to cancel an upcoming event at its stadium that will raise money for Jewish "settlers" living in the biblical Judean town of Hebron.
The annual Hebron Fund dinner is scheduled to take place at the Caesar's Club at Citi Field on November 21. Shortly after the booking was made, left-wing Israeli, Palestinian and liberal American groups petitioned the Mets to cancel the dinner and refuse any future dealings with Jews who lay claim to their biblical heritage. Late last week, the Mets management rejected the request, and confirmed that the Hebron Fund dinner will take place as scheduled at its facility.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default...=178&nid=19934
Old 12-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Kass

On second thought.... Lets say this happened.

Why give a ****?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
classic, classic game

These comments were made and it is not just a fabricated story. As a Jewish American I will always hold it against both Mike and Russo. How dare they have the audacity to question any persons loyalty to the USA or Israel? Who the hell are they to even have the nerve to pose this question? These two clowns host a sports radio show, even if these comments were made right after the attacks happened it still does not excuse what they said. If you are not Jewish and have no real connection to Israel I don't expect you to give this whole thing much thought, however I am a 3rd generation American who also loves, and backs Israel 100%. My allegiance is to both America and Israel and this is unwavering. Lastly, those who blame Israel for 9/11 are completely missing the big picture. Radical Islam has a hatred for anything that western culture is about. They hate Jews, Christians, and basically anyone or anything that is not like them. They have chosen Israel to be the scapegoat, and something they can use to try and "justify" their horrific cowardly attacks on America and their other targets.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Dan Castello

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic, classic game View Post
These comments were made and it is not just a fabricated story. As a Jewish American I will always hold it against both Mike and Russo. How dare they have the audacity to question any persons loyalty to the USA or Israel? Who the hell are they to even have the nerve to pose this question? These two clowns host a sports radio show, even if these comments were made right after the attacks happened it still does not excuse what they said. If you are not Jewish and have no real connection to Israel I don't expect you to give this whole thing much thought, however I am a 3rd generation American who also loves, and backs Israel 100%. My allegiance is to both America and Israel and this is unwavering. Lastly, those who blame Israel for 9/11 are completely missing the big picture. Radical Islam has a hatred for anything that western culture is about. They hate Jews, Christians, and basically anyone or anything that is not like them. They have chosen Israel to be the scapegoat, and something they can use to try and "justify" their horrific cowardly attacks on America and their other targets.
I'll give them a pass for what was said on 9/11 and the days immediately thereafter. Has there been a coverup? Yeah, there probably has and by now time has blurred everyone's memory anyway. Neither of them has a history of racism or anti-semitism although both say stupid things on occasion.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
classic, classic game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Castello View Post
I'll give them a pass for what was said on 9/11 and the days immediately thereafter. Has there been a coverup? Yeah, there probably has and by now time has blurred everyone's memory anyway. Neither of them has a history of racism or anti-semitism although both say stupid things on occasion.
I respect your opinion, however I still find it troubling how Tank and Russo decided to start questioning Jews even after it was known that Bin Laden was responsible for the horrors of 9/11. I would bet there is some underlying anti-semitism for sure. Out of all the groups of people why would they single out Jews?
Old 12-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic, classic game View Post
I respect your opinion, however I still find it troubling how Tank and Russo decided to start questioning Jews even after it was known that Bin Laden was responsible for the horrors of 9/11. I would bet there is some underlying anti-semitism for sure. Out of all the groups of people why would they single out Jews?
https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/craig-...pes-destroyed/