MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Sports/Political/Media Blog Email Contact Address

For the sage wisdom and oracle like abilities of The Mike Francesa.com; EMAIL THE WEBSITE BY VISITING THE HOMEPAGE

Support The App

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike Francesa Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
mp3matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
Mike states during the season that Troy Polamalu is invisible, lost, playing bad at times, not the same Polamalu.

Today it is announced that Troy Polamalu wins the 2010 NFL defensive player of the year.
In Tank's defense, that award was a complete joke. Clay Mathews deserved it IMO.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
HelterSkelter

James Harrison deserved it more then Polamalu. Troy had more splash plays, but Harrison was consistently better throughout the year. I didn't see Matthews enough to compare him and Harrison.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Mike's betting slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's betting slip View Post
Mike's Final 4: Ohio St., Syracuse, Kentucky, Villanova. Total teams participating: 0.00. Next year, try actually watching a game before March and maybe you'll get 1 right. LOL..
Stop telling us ad nauseum not to pick 4 #1 seeds. Instead do some research this year and try to get at least one to the Final 4, unlike last year, when you picked 0. And if you think we want to hear you talk to these boring coaches numerous times - don't tell me how to program my show! - YOU ARE LAWST!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Mike's betting slip

Default Another goose egg for Francesa

Mike's Final 4 selections: Pittsburgh, Syracuse, S.D. St., Kansas. Total teams participating: 0.00. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
HelterSkelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's betting slip View Post
Mike's Final 4 selections: Pittsburgh, Syracuse, S.D. St., Kansas. Total teams participating: 0.00. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I was looking for Mike's predictions on wfan.com. What happened to their web site?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
I was looking for Mike's predictions on wfan.com. What happened to their web site?
WFAN no longer runs their own website, the idiots that make decisions over there, hint Chernoff, decided to pawn the site off to CBS or CBS Local, just as the world becomes more tech advanced, WFAN decides to take two steps backward, they are dinosaurs, soon sports talk radio will be dead.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Hanging out with Lori

Quote:
WFAN no longer runs their own website, the idiots that make decisions over there, hint Chernoff, decided to pawn the site off to CBS or CBS Local, just as the world becomes more tech advanced, WFAN decides to take two steps backward, they are dinosaurs, soon sports talk radio will be dead.
WFAN's sports radio model is obsolete. Three useless 20/20 updates an hour, coupled with more and more commercials. In fact, WFAN is essentially all commercials with a few minutes of sports talk here and there. If I tune in at random, they are doing commercials/updates, or will go to a break within a minute. Most of the hosts are bad or have quirks, like Benigno giving the phone number every 2 minutes.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
HelterSkelter

Quote:
Thanks, I thought I was doing something wrong, even though how difficult is it to type wfan.com in my browser or just save it as a favorite.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
HelterSkelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out with Lori View Post
WFAN's sports radio model is obsolete. Three useless 20/20 updates an hour, coupled with more and more commercials. In fact, WFAN is essentially all commercials with a few minutes of sports talk here and there. If I tune in at random, they are doing commercials/updates, or will go to a break within a minute. Most of the hosts are bad or have quirks, like Benigno giving the phone number every 2 minutes.
I keep waiting for WFAN to go to updates twice an hour since in the Internet age, we know scores from hours ago and do more sports talk, but until someone new comes in with fresh ideas, we're stuck with what they dish out.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Proclaimed by Mike Francesa the week of December 12, 2011. You know the Knicks are not getting Baron Davis, Amare Stoudemire has spoken, he has already said we are not waiting for him, we don't need any injured guys, the Knicks don't want him.

Announced Sunday night, December 18, 2011, Baron Davis will sign a one year contract with the Knicks on Monday December 19, 2011.

Francesa was too stupid to read the tea leaves, that Baron's agent was playing up the back injury to scare teams from picking him up on the waver wire.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:52 PM

Sorry, Mike but the 44 member counsel do not feel your Papi Parcells is a HOF.

Mike does say that two Super Bowls wins is no guarantee.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Tansey

Quote:
The OKC Thunder/Dallas Mavericks series is going 7 games.
You beat me to this one, haha. He kept talking about how they were 'so evenly matched.' Obviously he hasn't watched either of this teams this year.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Hanging out with Lori

Quote:
Mike Francesa, "It is a guarantee that on Championship Game Sunday in the AFC, it will either be Brady or Manning that has the chance to go to the Super Bowl."
Well he got that one right, not that it was a risky prediction.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Tansey

Mike's Final Four picks the last four years:

'10: Ohio St, Syracuse, Kentucky, Villanova (0 correct)

'11: Kansas, Pitt, Syracuse, SD State (0 correct)

'12: Kentucky, Mich St, Vandy, Temple (1 correct)

'13: Duke, Gonzaga, Florida, Miami (0 correct)

1 of 16 in four years. Way to go, Mike!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Mike Francesa, "The Heat will not play a Game 7 in the entire 2013 NBA Playoffs."

Stated numerous times throughout 2013, including last week.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Hanging out with Lori

As good as LeBron is he does not have the star appeal of Jordan. Casual fans and even non-basketball fans would watch Jordan in a big game.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Mike Francesa, "The Rams will defeat the Cardinals on Thursday night."

Cardinals 12
Rams 6

In addition the Cardinals lost their starting QB in the game.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:44 PM
HelterSkelter

Didn't Mike say a few weeks ago the Packers wouldn't lose another regular season game the rest of the year?
Old 12-14-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
Didn't Mike say a few weeks ago the Packers wouldn't lose another regular season game the rest of the year?
Yup i wrote that in nov. Forums
Old 12-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Administrator

Mike Francesa, "There is no way the Redskins will defeat the Eagles."

Redskins 27
Eagles 24