MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Sports/Political/Media Blog Email Contact Address

For the sage wisdom and oracle like abilities of The Mike Francesa.com; EMAIL THE WEBSITE BY VISITING THE HOMEPAGE

Support The App

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Mike Francesa Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I Can't Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Do You Pronounce This View Post
Miked Up this morning
The rain wont be a factor.......
Simms was saying the same thing all week. At least Simms had the balls to make fun of himself on the air. Towards the end of the 1st quarter Simms said sarcastically, "And I said the weather wouldn't be a factor." Does Francessa have the same capacity to ridicule himself? Tune in tomorrow at 1....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
PTBOY

Default Mike and the Mad Dog's History of Wrong Predictions

When Tiger Woods turned Pro, Mike predicted that Tiger would not even be listed on the leader board at the Masters!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Lawnmower

This has probably been posted before but Mike beats "there's no question about it" to absolute death.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:16 AM
metsfan1974

Mark it down today:

on the Mets starting pitching: "They think Oliver Perez and John Maine will have big years - they are wrong on both."

"they think they can fix Perez and they think they can fix the guy from Kansas City - they are nuts if they think they have these two straightened out."

we shall see
Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Do the Hucklebuck

Well there was Mike's assertion that Bonds lawsuit against the Chronicle writers would suceed in stalling the process of the case against him until the end of the season until which time Bonds would drop the suit. Then roughly 20 minutes later it was announced that the suit was thrown out at which time Mike claimed that he had thought Bonds suit was about something else.

Also back in 1999 when Miami of Ohio made their run to the Sweet 16 and faced off against Utah in the second round Mike predicted Miami's demise saying "Majerus will dream up a defense to stop Sczerbiak (sp)." Final score Miami 66 Utah 58.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:06 AM
ScarletKnights

Dog on Friday: Hofstra will make it to at least the semifinals of the CAA tournament.

Result on Saturday: George Mason 64, Hofstra 61. CAA quarterfinals.

This was after George Mason had to beat James Madison on Friday, while Hofstra had a bye. Hofstra was the only top 4 seed to not make it to the semifinals.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
CollegeHoopsGuru

Dog on Friday: Hofstra will make it to at least the semifinals of the CAA tournament.

Result on Saturday: George Mason 64, Hofstra 61. CAA quarterfinals.

This was after George Mason had to beat James Madison on Friday, while Hofstra had a bye. Hofstra was the only top 4 seed to not make it to the semifinals.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
MikefromWestchester

Default Larry Walker vs. Darryl Strawberry

The first incorrect prediction I remember was back in '90 or '91 (I think) when Larry Walker was just breaking in with Montreal. A caller said that Larry Walker had more upside than Darryl. Mike/Dog not only disagreed, but they RIPPED the poor guy for at least 15 minutes. It was merciless.

Hey, at least they were right... oh wait...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 PM
I Can't Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromWestchester View Post
The first incorrect prediction I remember was back in '90 or '91 (I think) when Larry Walker was just breaking in with Montreal. A caller said that Larry Walker had more upside than Darryl. Mike/Dog not only disagreed, but they RIPPED the poor guy for at least 15 minutes. It was merciless.

Hey, at least they were right... oh wait...
That's an awesome recollection. A great example of why I love this board.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh Really

mike has written of the suns already
Old 03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
MikefromWestchester

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Can't Disagree View Post
That's an awesome recollection. A great example of why I love this board.
Thanks. I just found the board yesterday. It has immediately become one of my top five favorite sites.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Jim Clark of Team Lotus

Some of my favorites:

After Super Bowl 24 when the 49ers beat Denver 55-10, Chris said the Broncos would have to trade Elway, that he just couldn't win a Super Bowl.
After UNLV humiliated Duke in 1990 103-73, Mike said for the next 51 weeks that Duke had "no shot" in a rematch. Not so.
Chris was absolutely ecstatic when Leon Hess hired Richie Kotite to be "head of the Jets family, he's a real 'dem and 'dose guy." Mike was more reserved, saying he would win more than he lost but not win a Super Bowl.
In September 1995 with the Mets having a hot streak because of the "Generation K' pitchers, they yelled and screamed how the Mets HAD to give Dallas Green a contract extension. A Newsday writer named Richie Parker warned that this was a mistake, rookies may not mind an "in your face" manager like Green but second and third year players would. Parker said it would be better to thank Green for clearing out the stench of the Torborg/Bonilla era and look to possible managerial candidates like Tony LaRussa, Jim Leyland or Davey Johnson. Many people feel Green pushed his young pitchers too hard and ruined their careers, although Isringhausen had some success as a reliever.
They were not in favor of firing Showalter to hire Torre but no one was. Including me.
They also were critical of Torre and Bob Watson first move of bringing in Joe Girardi to replace Mike Stanley. I don't know how much of Girardi's defensive skills offset his weak bat but the Yankees did win with Girardi as a semi regular.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Jim Clark of Team Lotus

Back around 1991 Mike was discussing the upcoming NBA season. There was a quote in the SI NBA preview issue from Bob Cousy saying today's NBA player wants to win a title but they don't have the dedication and desire to win several, like the Russell/Cousy teams. I can't remember if Mike said he agreed with Cousy but he definitely didn't say it was example 1274 of old-timer ranting how great they were and today's players are lazy. Cousy (and possibly Mike) could not have been more wrong..the Bulls went on to win 6 titles in 8 years, the Rickets won the two when Jordan was proving he was not a baseball player, the Lakers won three in 5 years under Phil Jackson.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh Really

mike has dismissed kansas with doggie logic that they never get it done in a big spot

kansas because of this will go on to the final four and maybe win a title
Old 03-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Jim Clark of Team Lotus

1992 they kept saying how Miami would win the NCAA football championship. Mike kept dismissing the one writer who voted for Alabama as an Alabama guy "I know who it is and he just votes his team." Sugar Bowl: Alabama 34 Miami 13.I will give Chris some credit for when he did the show solo to recap this game, a caller said he thought it was a fluke. Chris said 'Bama really showed him, they would win a rematch 8 out of 10 times. Mike was off inventing a perpetual motion machine (put a diet coke on a string just out of his reach).
Old 03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Art Rust Jr

About 3 weeks ago when D Wade went out with the shoulder injury and was declared out at least for the rest of the regular season (and Miami was on the bubble at the time for the 8th playoff spot), Big Mike declared that they were done. Doggie agreed. Well, last I heard Miami is on an eight game win streak, a lock for the playoffs, and only one game back in the loss column for third best record in the East.

All season up until probably a week or two ago, Mike said that he didn't even consider the Knicks had a shot at the playoffs. This, in spite of the fact that they've probably been no more than two or three games out of the eighth spot for several months. Hey, I don't think the Knicks are very good either, but with only a few weeks left in the season, they're right there, and even Big Mike has finally admitted that they have a reasonable shot.

If someone called him on this, he'd no doubt offer up something like - "NOBODY knew the Paysas would go on an eleven game losing streak! Plus, this is the worst Eastern Conference in the history of the league!" Ummm, yes Big Mike, the Pacers have gone in the toilet, but that's just one team, and there are still two spots up for grabs in the playoff chase. Also, you've been proclaiming this the worst Eastern Conference in the history of the league for months. Wouldn't that factor into your consideration of the Knicks' chances to make the playoffs?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Vutux

Default The Masters

I was driving home last night around 5:45 listening to Fatso & Fruitloops cover the Masters. They had already declared Tiger the winner. He had just birdied 16 to go one under and they called it over. No one according to them was even a possible contender was on the front page fo the leader board. When I got home I turned on the TV and caught the tail end and found out David Toms, Vijay, Tim Clark, Davis Love were all in just about the same boat. But according to the nit-wits there were a bunch of no names at the top. Does anyone know what they were watching.

Also found it funny when fats said the best way to watch the tournament when you are there is to follow onegroup around. Wasn't Mike the guy huffing and puffing when he had to walk two holes in Imus's event a couple yrs ago? How would he know anything about walking Agusta?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh Really

mike laughed off and degraded a caller who questioned wheter the yankees can get 200 innings from there starters
Old 04-13-2007, 06:00 PM
In A Big Spot

Don Imus won't be fired.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:33 AM
How Do You Pronounce This

Menciewicz will hit 270 this year accordig to Mike