MikeFrancesa.com Homepage WFAN Forums Sports/Political/Media Blog Email Contact Address

For the sage wisdom and oracle like abilities of The Mike Francesa.com; EMAIL THE WEBSITE BY VISITING THE HOMEPAGE

Support The App

Go Back   The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum > Mike Francesa Mike's On WFAN Mad Dog > Chris Mad Dog Russo on SiriusXM Radio
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Nobody Cares!

Question Russo and Torre - What Happened?

Not Joe Torre, I think it was Steve Torre, his update guy.

I really didn't listen to Dog much, even though I have SIRIUS, because I want New York Sports, and Dog tries too hard NOT to do NY sports.

But today, I spun over, and Dog was going on about having to fire his update guy of 10 months, and how "big changes" were coming at his channel.

Has the sh!t hit the fan at Mad Dog Live???
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Hanging out with Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Cares! View Post
Not Joe Torre, I think it was Steve Torre, his update guy.

I really didn't listen to Dog much, even though I have SIRIUS, because I want New York Sports, and Dog tries too hard NOT to do NY sports.

But today, I spun over, and Dog was going on about having to fire his update guy of 10 months, and how "big changes" were coming at his channel.

Has the sh!t hit the fan at Mad Dog Live???
I didn't hear it but from what I have read it was actually a stunt by Russo to get some attention, and nobody got fired.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Dan Tullis

Wow listening now. Mad dog is LOST. No one cares about
Gone with the wind" or the 41 all star game. No wonder his show is lowest rated. This seems like a ploy to get to ESPN 1050.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Dan Tullis

Great board name "Cecille D. Demille".
Old 07-11-2009, 02:26 PM
jlester07607

DeadSpin.com has a link to audio of this whole event.

Oddly enough, the audio is from the other board. Go Figure.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Nobody Cares!

Yeah, I guess it was all a hoax to see if anyone was paying attention. Like his old producer, Steve Cohen, would give him a blast of sh!t while on the air. Yeah right.

I guess Ferrell on Howard 101 came right out and said it was a "bit".

Poor Chris. He goes national, then the first thing he does is alienate his core fan base, the NYC/NE area, by playing up the "national" aspect of his show and distancing himself from his old listeners.

How dumb was that? How many viewers watched the YES broadcast of M&MD and didn't give a crap that it was NY centric. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT FROM MAD DOG, not football in Des Moines.

I have SIRIUS and I don't even listen. I thought I would go back and forth from Fatso to Fruit Loops, but I generally stay with Mike. I guess a lot of other subscribers do the same thing. And how many former M&MD listeners would rather listen to the other people on the Mad Dog Channel than WFAN?

NONE!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 AM
MadDogComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Cares! View Post
Yeah, I guess it was all a hoax to see if anyone was paying attention. Like his old producer, Steve Cohen, would give him a blast of sh!t while on the air. Yeah right.

I guess Ferrell on Howard 101 came right out and said it was a "bit".

Poor Chris. He goes national, then the first thing he does is alienate his core fan base, the NYC/NE area, by playing up the "national" aspect of his show and distancing himself from his old listeners.

How dumb was that? How many viewers watched the YES broadcast of M&MD and didn't give a crap that it was NY centric. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT FROM MAD DOG, not football in Des Moines.

I have SIRIUS and I don't even listen. I thought I would go back and forth from Fatso to Fruit Loops, but I generally stay with Mike. I guess a lot of other subscribers do the same thing. And how many former M&MD listeners would rather listen to the other people on the Mad Dog Channel than WFAN?

NONE!
It was similar to other bits/hoaxes he's played in the past (such as becoming a Yankee fan until Dusty Baker could bring him back to the "right side"-being a SF Giant fan).

Not on the same scale, but after a Subway Series rainout on the night of Fri. 5/16/08 @ Yankee Stadium where the Yanks were going by dubious weather reports showing a "never present" window to play the game, Dog started his solo WFAN Sat. 5/17/08 show at 10:05AM by saying that the Yanks had moved up the start time of Saturday's game to 11:05AM to beat the weather (wink wink). This went on for about 60-90 minutes while he trashed everyone associated with the Yanks. Apparently from looking at the show thread from that day, Yankee COO Lonn Trost was a guest & got raked over the coals by Russo.

That day's show thread is linked below:

http://www.mikefrancesa.com/forums/s...light=saturday
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Brother John

I love all the so-called changes Dog was going to make. What a loser...

Caller: "Hey Chris, you said your station was a joke and that you were going to change it all around. Well, everything is still the same. Why should I listen???"
Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 PM
mrm85

I think going to Sirius was bad for Russo. For some people Sirius has been very helpful for their careers (like Howard Stern) but most must have an extremely loyal fanbase. I think a lot of the Mike & the Mad Dog followers stuck listening to the new Mike'd Up program.